Opening: Thursday November 12, 6:00-8:00pm Festival Opening Reception
Exhibit: Thursday November 12th - Wednesday December 16th, 2009
Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, UNR campus
Exhibitions and peformances showcasing new works in interactive and digital art by prospective, emerging talent. The Sheppard Gallery features invited Prospectives.09 artists. In the Front Door Gallery, work by Art 245 Digital Media I students; in the Mcnamara Gallery an exhibition of experimental audio and video entitled Loop featuring work at Art 345 Sound and Image students; in the Phone Booth Gallery, experimental audio compositions by the students of Jean-Paul Perotte's Music Composition students.
Exhibit Featured Artists:
- Jonah Brucker-Cohen, Trinity College, Ireland Alerting Infrastructure, networked interactive installation
- Rob Duarte, University of California, San Diego, Bang (Machine Peformance)
- Joshua Fishburn, University of Denver, Gaming the Network Poetic, interactive installation
- Jason Nelson, Griffith University, Australia, i made this. you play this. we are enemies, art game
- John Walters, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Waste Oil Mirror I & II, interactive installation
- Samson Young, Princeton University, RPG, art game
- Sven Goyvaerts, Transmedia, Belgium, Self-Portrait, video installation/performance
PerformancePig Bladder Clouds (Flying pig bladders)
Doo-Sung Yoo, Ohio State University
Thursday, November 12, 6-8pm
Adjacent to the Church Fine Arts building, in the circle plaza in front of the Student Services Building, artist Doo-Sung Yoo, dressed as a butcher for the performance floats intricate sculptures which combine dried pig-bladders, helium-filled plastic bags, tree branches, and electronic LEDs. The work investigates human- animal hybrids - inspired by the true saga of an old man who re-grew his wounded fingertip using special medicine made from powdered pig bladders.