Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

Ross Hall

Ross Hall

Creation of Silas E. Ross Hall came about due to the University’s and state’s need to meet demand for a College of Business. The Board of Regents’ decision in 1955 to create a separate College of Business led to an appropriation of financing from the Nevada State Legislature to build a new building in which to house the fledgling college. The building was named for Silas E. Ross, who had served as a regent for a quarter century, and was a University graduate and former athletics coach. The building is now home to the Office of the Vice President for Research, Purchasing, as well as administrative offices of the College of Science.

Map Locator

  • Building Code: RH
  • Building Number: 047
  • Map Grid: I5

Additional Information

  • Year Opened: 1955
  • Number of Floors: 2

Map to Ross Hall

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Copyright
Privacy
Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us