Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

Applied Research Facility

Applied Research Facility

The Applied Research Facility was dedicated as the United States Bureau of Mines Rare and Precious Metals Experiment Station on Sept. 25, 1954. The facility was acquired by the University in 1996-97, following a decision by Congress to eliminate the U.S. Bureau of Mines as the nation's lead agency for mineral resources. Today, the facility is home to an eclectic gathering of research and outreach endeavors on campus, including the Center for Environmental Sciences and Engineering, the Great Basin Institute, the Brain Computation Laboratory, the Biomedical Engineering Program, Microbiology and Nevada Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE).

Map Locator

  • Building Code: ARF
  • Building Number: 090
  • Map Grid: E5

Additional Information

  • Number of Floors: 5

Map to Applied Research Facility

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Copyright
Privacy
Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us