5,115: University Police
Last Revised: May 1998
The functions and responsibilities of the University of Nevada, Reno Police Department are as follows:
- Protection of all life and property within the jurisdiction of the university community.
- Enforcement of all federal, state, and local ordinances on university property which include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Control of all vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Control of all crowds.
- Investigation of all crimes occurring on University of Nevada property.
- Custody and disposal of all evidence and recovered property.
- Inspection of money depositories and other vulnerable high-value property.
- Reporting and assisting in handling persons injured on University of Nevada property.
- Reporting and taking immediate action necessary to eliminate any health or safety hazards.
- Investigation of all accidents occurring on University of Nevada property.
- In the event of exigent circumstances relating to life and property external of University jurisdiction, the University Police are empowered to take any action necessary in accordance with the inter-local agreement throughout Washoe County.