5,312: Food Service
Last Revised: June 2010
The university-contracted food service shall have the exclusive right to provide food service on the university campus with the exception of:
- Food purchased for a single event through any client account that is less than $100 may be purchased from an outside vendor if preferred. The client shall indemnify the food services contractor for such purchases as provided for in Section 6.7 of the agreement between the Board of Regents, NSHE and the food services contractor. Notwithstanding the foregoing, campus policy does not allow outside vendors to make deliveries on campus.
- Food that is donated and not being resold.
- Food purchased with personal funds and not being resold. This exception shall not apply at the Lawlor Events Center and catering sites at the Joe Crowley Student Union.
- Other specific event exceptions as approved (in advance of event) by the appropriate manager of the affected food service operation and mutually agreeable with the food services contractor.
- The client reserves the right to sponsor certain social events and other functions that may serve food and beverage, where such events and functions exclude the food services contractor, provided they meet the following criteria:
- No cover or other admission charges.
- No cost to the client.
- No use of client food service facilities.
- Approval by the institution's president or his/her designee.
- In late fall and early spring, not to exceed three times in each semester, the UNR student government may request a dispensation for items purchased at cost or below for special student functions. These items normally consist of steaks and/or chicken and the purchases are handled by students in the ASUN office directly with outside vendors.
- All student organizations recognized by either the Associated Students of the University of Nevada (ASUN) or the Graduate Student Association (GSA) are exempt from the exclusivity clause for catering under this contract except for events where alcohol is served. Such student organizations cannot co-sponsor with other groups so that these groups can avoid the exclusivity clause.
All invoices submitted by the university contracted food service shall be paid within 10 days of the invoice date. In the event invoices are not paid within 30 days of the invoice date, interest will be charged to the ordering department.