5,308: Fee Structure
Last Revised: March 1998
The University Scheduling Services Office maintains fee schedules approved by the vice president for Administration and Finance for use of university facilities.
Space is reserved through the Scheduling Services Office and the fee structures described below are applied as appropriate based on the nature of the group or organization. The University has established fees for use of its facilities which are charged to recover actual costs incurred by the University. The
Scheduling Services Office is the authorized unit to quote rates to the departments or organizations reserving facilities. These fees will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Fee Structure Description:
- There is no charge for facilities during regular operating hours.
- All variable and/or fixed costs will be charged for facility usage outside of regular working hours.
- Class I - Commercial Organizations: will be charged full costs, 100% of rental or fixed percentage of gross revenues, whichever is greater. Gross revenues will include, but are not limited to, gate receipts, programs, novelties and vendor sales in conjunction with a specified event.
- Class II - Non-Profit Organizations: are defined as any charitable, scientific or religious groups which provide a copy of IRS tax exempt status. Non-profit organizations will be charged fixed costs. If admission is charged for the scheduled event, the organization will be charged 50% of rental.
- Class III - Governmental Agencies: are defined as any federal, state, county or city agency or sub-division thereof which is fully tax supported.
- These agencies will be charged variable costs unless prohibited by law, e.g., State Personnel.
- The following are exempt from all costs: State of Nevada legislative and gubernatorial committees.
All variable and/or fixed costs when applicable will be billed by the Scheduling Services Office.
Definition of Costs:
- Fixed Costs: an assessment for custodial services, utilities or reimbursement for cost of property, and the administrative fee when applicable.
- Variable Costs: an assessment for security, set-up, special services, technical equipment, other than usual custodial services, and other costs directly associated with the event/meeting. These costs are based on actual expenses and billed accordingly. University departments and organizations using classrooms or conference rooms are not normally charged variable costs
- Full Costs: the sum of items 1 and 2 above.