5,420: Summer Use of Residence Halls
Last Revised: March 1998
The UNR residence halls are available for occupancy during the summer months and are to be used in support of the following university functions:
- To meet the broad responsibilities associated with being Nevada's land grant institution.
- To meet the recruitment and retention goals of the university through academic and athletic programs.
- To promote the utilization of the intellectual resources of the university and to stabilize the employment of university staff.
- To meet the organizational goals of the Residential Life, Housing and Food Service office (summer conference programs).
- To promote the University by exposing the campus to groups with students who might apply for admission.
This policy is designed to be used as a guide for the allocation of rooms in residence halls during the summer months.
- Students taking summer session courses and housing residents for the fall term.
- Academic student recruitment activities including Upward Bound and any other recruitment activities designed to attract students of special needs or talents to the University.