5,401: Building Security
Last Revised: July 2005
All buildings are locked by authorized personnel at the time specified by the campus building security schedule.
- The director of Facility Services is responsible for developing the schedule taking into consideration the individual needs of the units located in each building.
- All buildings are unlocked each school day morning by personnel in each building as determined by the dean whose departments occupy the facility.
- All buildings are locked at all other times except by special authorization and arrangement with Scheduling Services and director of Facility Services.
- University Police will monitor the security of all buildings after regular instructional periods.
- A new building perimeter security system has been installed in a number of buildings which require the use of a card key to enter and exit after normal business. Refer to section 5,008.
- For key control policy, refer to section 5,008.