Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

1,495: Application for Travel Support to Attend Scholarly Meetings

Last Revised: October 2008

University academic faculty whose current role statement includes research or professional development responsibilities are eligible to apply to the Office of the Vice President for Research for support of travel expenses to attend national or international meetings for the purpose of presenting scholarly work as senior author or exhibitor.

The Office of the Vice President for Research travel budget for each fiscal year will be divided between the fall and spring semesters, with half the funds available between July 1 and December 31, and the other half available between January 1 and June 30. Applications for fall travel support will be accepted no earlier than May 1 of the preceding fiscal year. Spring travel support can be requested no earlier than November 1 of the present fiscal year.

Qualifying faculty who hold at least 0.5 FTE appointments can apply for transportation support to one domestic meeting per year, and to one international meeting every third year (in place of that year's domestic trip). A faculty member may elect to apply present year domestic trip dollars toward an international trip without losing entitlement to apply for a full international trip every third year. A cap of $300 will be placed on domestic travel, and $750 on international travel.

Travel funds will be distributed on a first come/first served basis. However, so that faculty who happen to attend late fall or late spring meetings are not penalized, requests for travel support may be submitted prior to acceptance of a research paper. Information about the meeting and the probable title of the paper must be indicated on the "Employee Travel Request" form. However, if the Office of the Vice President for Research does not receive notice of formal acceptance of the research paper by one month prior to the meeting, the earmarked travel funds will be returned to the travel pool. Faculty are encouraged to plan their travel well in advance to obtain discount fares. Under no circumstances will fares other than tourist or coach be allowed.

One copy of the Application for Travel Support form with supporting material must be submitted to the Office of the Vice President for Research in advance of the proposed travel. No retroactive requests will be considered.

Travel papers must be processed through the Office of the Vice President for Research, upon obtaining the signatures of the traveler's department chair and dean, for signature and account number assignment. Upon return from the trip, a "Claim for Employee Travel Expense" form must be submitted.

These forms are available at the Campus Business: Travel website.

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us