1,610: Authority and Responsibilities
Last Revised: April 1999
The UNR Foundation/Development and Alumni Relations helps UNR faculty and staff members generate private support for the university's programs and activities by initiating, organizing, designing, coordinating, and reviewing fund-raising programs and policies. This concentration of expertise assures maximum efficiency and makes available to university personnel a highly skilled team of fund-raising professionals.
This office operates expressly to:
- Administer UNR's diverse fund-raising activities, including its annual, capital, special, memorial, and planned giving campaigns and appeals targeted to alumni, parents, friends, businesses/corporations, foundations, etc.;
- Facilitate communication with current and prospective donors.
- Assist university administration, faculty, and staff in the assessment of institutional needs for private funding support, facilitate the identification or prospective donors whose interests match those needs, and assist in the development of solicitation strategies, plans, and materials;
- Develop and foster a favorable identity of the university among its many publics;
- Solicit and receive, or acquire by gift, devise, bequest, or otherwise, any money or property, real or personal, either absolute or in trust, to be used, either the principal or income there from, for the benefit of UNR;
- Purchase, hold, sell, and lease property (real, personal, or mixed), the proceeds of which to be used for the benefit of UNR;
- Maintain and update central donor/prospect, alumni and fund accounting information systems to catalog the status of contributions, maintain high accountability standards, and eliminate duplications in funding appeals.
- Establish policy regarding the coordination of solicitations and fundraising activities to avoid potential conflicts with donors and scheduling.