Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

1,702: Budget Transfers – State-Appropriated Funds

Last Revised: February 2010

Funds may be transferred into, out of, or among object codes of a departmental budget. The form "Request for Transfer of Funds" should be used to transfer state funds. Budget transfers must be signed and approved by the account manager, dean or director, and forwarded to Planning, Budget & Analysis. The Assistant Vice President for Planning, Budget & Analysis is the presidential designee for institutional approval of budget transfers.

Transfers of budget authority between appropriation areas (e.g., University of Nevada, Reno; School of Medicine; Agricultural Experiment Station) are not permitted. Budget authority for individual appropriation areas is established by the legislature and may not be increased or decreased by institutional transfers.

Transfers of budget authority between functions (e.g., instruction, research, public service) exceeding $100,000 must be reviewed and approved by the Chancellor's Administration Office. All transfers from the instruction function, regardless of amount, must be approved by the Chancellor and the Board of Regents and forwarded to Planning, Budget & Analysis.

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us