2,257: Temporary Employment Program
Last Revised: March 2012
Temporary employment positions are intended to meet the short-term needs of an employer. There are several types of temporary employment positions:
- 160-hour appointments are limited to 160 cumulative hours or less in a calendar year.
- 60-day emergency appointments are limited to 60 consecutive working days or less in a 12-month period.
- 6-month-regular is an appointment of six calendar months regardless of FTE and requires the same procedures required to fill a permanent classified position.
The following appointment types are limited to the NSHE/PERS fiscal year (July 1 - June 30):
- Temporary Events Center Worker - positions directly working with an events center.
- Temporary Research Center Worker - positions directly working in research and research-related projects.
- Temporary Registration Worker - position directly working with the registration of students.
- Temporary College Student Worker - incumbent must be enrolled in at least one college credit within the NSHE during the semester(s) of employment.
- Temporary High School Student Worker - incumbent must be attending his last two years of high school during the semester(s) of employment.
*Temporary appointments are not eligible to accrue sick and annual leave.
A Request for Temporary Employment Position (form PS300) must be completed with all the required signatures and submitted and approved by BCN Human Resources before an employee may start employment in a temporary position.
This form is available on-line at the BCN Human Resources website.