Core Curriculum Advising
How to chart your education in relation to the Core
The Core Curriculum is a central component of your education. Here are some strategies for navigating the Core in a way that helps maximize your benefits and minimize your time. Sound good?
- Get your core classes done first. The reason this is helpful is that it also gives you more experience in different kinds of classes so that you can make an informed decision when it comes time to decide your major.
- Choose the option that fits you best. There are multiple ways to fulfill many of your core requirements. Don't just get locked into the first class that is convenient and lets you wake up at 10 a.m. Choose something that you want to know more about and enjoy yourself.
- Consult your advisor. Advisors are really important! Talk to your advisor, tell them what you're hoping to accomplish. They're good at what they do and they can help you make the most of your education.
- Make sure you are always aware of what classes you've taken, which ones you still need and when they're going to be offered. Make sure the classes you want/need are available when you need them. Use the planner in MyNEVADA to chart your way to graduating in four years.
- For more on the Core, view our Core Curriculum section.