Advising Center for Undecided Students
Edmund J. Cain Hall, Suite 102
About the Advising Center
The Advising Center serves five populations of students at the University of Nevada, Reno:
- Undeclared students
- Non-degree seeking students
- Redeciding students (students in a major, but exploring other options)
- Bachelor of General Studies majors
- Students taking Academic and Career Exploration courses (ACE 100 & ACE 210)
Due to the undecided nature of these student populations, Advising Center staff work, in close collaboration with our students and university staff, to assist with the decision-making process so that students can declare a major and graduate as soon as possible.
- Undecided Advising Information
- General Studies Advising Information
- Academic and Career Exploration (ACE) courses
Extended Hours during Fall and Spring
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Advising Center operates on an appointment basis. Occasionally during the first few days of the beginning of the semester we offer limited walk-in hours. Please make sure when making appointments that you have your NSHE ID number available as it is very important for verification
Students are not assigned to a particular advisor, but are welcome to request a specific advisor.
Please make sure you arrive on time or early to your appointments. The advisor reserves the right to re-schedule appointments if you are late.
Advising Center Mission Statement
Through a collaborative student-centered approach, the Advising Center for Undecided Students will engage students in the process of exploring and defining their academic and career goals and create effective strategies to achieve these goals.
- Derek Furukawa, Ph.D., Director
- Dawn Aeschlimann, M.A.
- Brandis Bernard, M.A., NCC
- Aqueelah Thompson, M.A.
- Keith Bingham, M.Ed.
- Grace Cardenas Leal, M.S.
- Vicki Bell, Administrative Assistant
- Natasha Montabello, Graduate Assistant
- Peer Advisors
- Student Employees
Meet the Advising Center Staff