Questions to ask yourself
Questions to ask yourself:
- What are your interests and skills?
- Which subjects have you enjoyed the most in high school? The least?
- What do you view as being your academic strengths? Weaknesses?
- Do you think you will enjoy the courses you will be required to take to complete the major(s) you are considering?
- Are there any specific requirements a student must meet/complete before they can declare this major (for example, completion of specific courses, a GPA requirement, etc.)?
- What courses should I be taking in high school to best prepare myself for this major?
- Are there opportunities for internships, undergraduate research, study abroad, etc. associated with this major?
- What kinds of jobs do students who graduate with this major typically pursue?
- Is this major designed to prepare students for advanced study (for example, medical school, dental school, law school, etc.) or a particular career?