Minimum qualifications for active student membership in Psi Chi:
- Completion of at least 3 semesters or 5 quarters of the college course
- Completion of 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology
- Registration for major or minor standing in psychology or for a program psychological
in nature which is equivalent to such standings
- Undergraduates who are elected to Psi Chi must have an overall cumulative GPA
of 3.00 and rank in the upper 35% of their class in general scholarship. They must also demonstrate superior scholarship
in psychology, earning a minimum GPA in psychology courses of 3.00. For the purpose of this Section, Psi Chi accepts
the policy of the institution regarding grades.
- For graduate students, an average grade of "B" or better in all graduate
courses, including psychology
- High standards of personal behavior
- Two-thirds affirmative vote of those present at a regular meeting of the chapter
- Note: Don't meet
the qualifications for joining Psi Chi yet? Don't worry - you can still join the Psychology Club, which operates
in conjunction with Psi Chi! Just stop by one of our meetings for more information!
Applying for Psi Chi Membership
To apply for membership in the University of Nevada, Reno chapter of Psi Chi,
download the application from the link below, or just pick up a membership application packet from the Psi Chi bulletin board on the fourth floor of the Mack Social
Science building. The board is located in between the main Psychology Department office and the Behavior Analysis
Program office. You can also stop by one of the Psi Chi meetings to get an application.
Simply complete the application and place it in the Psi Chi mailbox in the main
Psychology Department office (MSS 438). The deadline
for membership applications this semester is March 15, 2013.
Membership in Psi Chi requires a total fee of $55.00 ($45 for the national membership, and
$10 for the local chapter membership).
Click here to download the Psi Chi Membership Application
For more information on Psi Chi membership,
feel free to contact one of the officers!
Department of Psychology/296
University of Nevada
Reno, NV 89557
University of Nevada, Reno
Department of Psychology
Maintained by: Jennifer Prager
Last Modified: September 17, 2013