Important Dates and Policies
2016 Wintermester dates: December 28–January 15,2016
November 2, 2015–December 29, 2015
- Wintermester enrollments accepted through MyNEVADA. Registration dates are the same as the Registration Schedule for Spring 2016. Students sign up according to the designated days by class standing and alphabetically by last name.
Monday, December 28, 2015
- Wintermester 2016 classes begin; late registration begins
- Last day to pay tuition without late fee. Fee Bills WILL NOT BE SENT!
Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Final date for:
- Dropping a class or completely withdrawing to receive a 100 percent refund (Drop any class you do not wish to take by this date to avoid the $75 late fee.)
- Late registration
- Enrolling and paying with late fee of $25 per day ($250 maximum)
- Changing from letter grade to S/U
- Changing from S/U to letter grade
- Changing from audit to credit
- Late fee assessed for late payment; $25 per day ($250 maximum).
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
- Last day to receive a 50% refund. A “W” will appear on your transcripts.
Friday, January 1, 2016
- New Year’s Day holiday observed. University offices closed; no classes.
Thursday, January 7, 2016
Final date for:
- dropping a Wintermester course and receiving a “W” on your transcript (no refund). Any drops after this date will result in an “F” on your transcript.
- changing from credit to audit
Monday, January 11, 2016
Friday, January 15, 2016
- Wintermester instruction ends.
Monday, January 18, 2016
- Martin Luther King Day holiday observed. University offices closed; no classes.
- Final grades for Wintermester due in Admissions and Records by 5 p.m.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- Spring 2016 classes begin. See Registration Schedule for Spring 2016.
Campus Closures and Class Cancellations
During inclement weather, any campus closures that lead to class cancellations will be announced on the University of Nevada, Reno homepage. On rare occasions, a class may also be cancelled at the discretion of an instructor. Please check your WebCampus mail and/or the email address you have on file with the University of Nevada, Reno on the day of your class for information about any instructor-determined class cancellations.